If you want my advice for what to pack for have a sneak peek of what's inside my backpack, check my Amazon Lists or scroll past it to see my own packing list. I also recommend you check all my packing guides of bests for each categories.
My Own Packing List -
Two Bags: 15 KGS in Total
If you are shopping for yourself to prepare for your ultimate trip, I assume that you are looking for some tips from here, hence landing on this page. If that's the case, I'm very excited to share what I have in my backpacks which I've been carrying around for almost four years now (since publication).
First, remember that we are different, some of the things I bring might not be essential for you. We travel differently and with different purposes. Only use this article as a guide to give you an idea on what you can pack, you bring what you need to bring.
To give you a little bit of history about my travel backpack: I arrived in Hanoi, Vietnam from Denmark with a cabin sized suitcase, a regular sized backpack and a gym bag. I didn't buy a proper backpacking bag in Denmark as it was very expensive.
The first thing I did when I arrived in Hanoi was to pick up a backpacker's bag, I went straight to the small shops along the street of Hang Bong until I found this Vietnamese guy who told me that he loves Filipino TV drama shows, he later offered me a Northface bag for $20 US dollars.
Buying from a small shop like that, I was aware that it was a first class replica of the brand. It was one of the best travel investment ever! I still use it after it has been to over 20 countries in the span of 4 incredible years!
TIP: Check these long-haul flight accessories
TIP: Use the table of content to navigate faster and easier.
I try to pack light but also keeping in mind that these clothes should be able to keep me warm in case I miscalculated some travel plans and ended up in a not-so-warm weather. These set of clothes can be use for summer and spring and fall season.
RELATED POST: Best travel jacket with hidden pockets
- 5 dresses (3 light dresses for summer, 2 for spring/fall season)
- 4 tops (summer/going out tops)
- 2 denim shorts
- 2 skirts (1-floor length & 1 below the knee)
- 2 swimming clothes (1 swimsuit and 1 surfing suit)
- 2 regular bras
- 3 sports bra
- 15 underwear
- 5 pair of socks, 1 stocking
- 2 scarves (big & small)
- 1 jumper - I don't get cold easily, therefore, one jumper and a pair of stockings are good enough for me for spring and fall)
- 3 tops for running/hiking
- 1 bike shorts
- 3 jockey skimmies (those under the skirt shorts but not spandex)
Recommended Clothing Options
- 1 pair of flip flops
- 1 pair of all around shoes (sneakers or running shoes)
- 1 pair of sandals (Birkenstock style)
- 1 pair of water shoes/aqua shoes
RELATED POST: Best walking shoes on concrete when travelling
Toiletries can be tricky, since I don't normally check in my luggage, I have to meet the policy for bringing liquid on board which means nothing more than 100 ml (3.38 oz). All liquids must be in a tight bottle and must be placed in a zip-lock bag.
TIP: Buy a silicon zip-lock bag to avoid using plastic ones all the time
Recommended Toiletries To Bring
Recommended Gadgets To Pack
Here are some random things that I bring with me, maybe some of them can be useful for your too.
- Vapur - foldable water bottle (find out what is the best travel water bottle for you through this comparison table I made)
- makeup: eyebrow liner, mascara, lipstick, chapstick, eyeshadow, liquid foundation, final powder
- head torch /cycling torch
- yoga mat - check out this review for the best yoga mat for travelling
- jumping rope
- weigh lifting gloves
QUICK PACKING TIPS
- roll your clothes to save space
- pick up a packing cube
- choose lightweight fabrics
- don’t pack a regular bath towel, pack an all-purpose scarf or quick & lightweight bath towel instead
- don’t pack shampoo, pick one up when you land to your destination
- pick the best 40L backpack with a lot of pockets outside of the bag
- maximise the use of the pockets and straps of your bags, both inside and outside
- buy a zip-lock laundry bag to keep your clean clothes separated from the dirty ones
- get a wheeled backpack instead for more convenient and comfortable packing adventure, I'm considering to get one for myself and replace the old backpack I have
Recommended Packing Gears
ECO-FRIENDLY TRAVEL PRODUCTS TO PACK
Tourism industry is actually one of the biggest contributor of the increasing waste all over the world. The plastic bottles, carbon footprint, on-the-go food containers, and of course the unethical animal tourism. These are all damaging to every destinations that are popular to tourists.
Be a responsible traveller and try your best to minimise the waste you create and especially, don't participate in unethical animal tourist.
Here are some Eco-friendly travel products that you should bring with you. While you can read this full article of Earth-friendly travel accessories and products.