How To Get Your Kuwait Evisa:
Fees, Apply online, Requirements
Frankly speaking, Kuwait is not a country that is visa friendly to many travellers. However, it's one of the up and coming travel destinations in the Middle East. For this reason alone, many curious tourists are willing to hop through the easy loops of getting a Kuwait evisa to explore this place.
One of the most popular shopping destinations in the Middle East, Kuwait is also a well-known go-to country for amazing food, beautiful tapestry, must-try shisha, and of course, it is the home of the Grand Mosque.
In this article, you will be guided about Kuwait evisa for tourists. You can check if you are exempted from visa to enter and travel to Kuwait. If you need a visa, I will show you how you can get one online, step-by-step.
VISA FREE COUNTRIES TO ENTER KUWAIT
Do you remember when I mentioned that Kuwait is a pretty tight country when it comes to people who they let in without a visa? Well, there are only five (5) nationalities can enter and travel Kuwait without needing to apply for a visa beforehand.
These countries are Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab, and Emirates. The validity depends on each nationality and on the immigration officer. These countries can also enter Kuwait using their National ID.
NATIONALITIES BANNED TO ENTER KUWAIT
Kuwait is not in good terms with some countries resulting in banning them to enter the country. Here are the passports that cannot enter Kuwait:
COUNTRIES ELIGIBLE FOR VISA ON ARRIVAL AND KUWAIT EVISA
If your country is neither on the list above, check this one below if you are eligible for a visa on arrival or evisa or both. These countries can stay for a maximum of 90 days.
The evisa and visa-on-arrival are only valid with a single entry. Upon arrival to Kuwait, you will have to pay US$10 (price vary depending on your nationality).
- All European Union citizens
- Cambodia - Cambodia visa guide
- Eswatini - can only do visa on arrival
- Georgia - here's Georgia visa guide
- Hong Kong
- Laos - Laos visa guide post
- Liechtenstein - can only do evisa
- Malaysia - visa guide for Malaysia
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- Singapore - read Singapore visa guide
- South Korea
- United States
- Vatican City
- Vietnam - Vietnam visa guide
NOTE: If you are planning to arrive by land or sea, you MUST get a visa in advance.
Requirements to apply for Evisa online
The requirements to apply for the Kuwait evisa is pretty straightforward. All you need is your passport (must be valid for the next 6 months when you arrive in Kuwait), a digital copy of your passport, travel details (plan arrival and departure), and your bank card or PayPal for payment.
If you hold a valid GCC card (residence card/permit), prepare this one as well.
Step by step guide on how to get your Kuwait Evisa
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to get your Kuwait evisa:
- Go to this page
- Select your nationality and click Apply Now
- Enter your details - make sure to DOUBLE check everything, if you make a mistake, it will take a lot of work to correct this or worse, you will have to apply for another one
- Use an email address that you can access - the confirmation will be sent there
- Click Add New Applicant - if you are applying for other people too
- Before paying, double check your information again
- Add your payment details - either PayPal or bank card
- Do not close the confirmation window - until you receive the confirmation email
- You will receive another email containing your evisa data page
- Print this email (2 copies) - one will be given to the immigration, one is for you to keep and carry around while in Kuwait
KUWAIT TRAVEL TIPS FOR FIRST TIME TRAVELLERS
If you are travelling for the first time to Kuwait, there are things that you need to know and remember to have a less hassle trip. Here are some travel tips for the first-time traveller to Kuwait. From safety, dress code, food to try, what to see, how to get around, and more.
Is Kuwait Safe To Travel
Kuwait has always been a peaceful country apart from when it was at war with Iraq in 1991, which is a long time ago. There is also a massive expat community here of people from everywhere in the world. You will see tourists in almost all corners in the large cities.
Dress code in Kuwait
In Kuwait, women don't need to cover their hair. However, it is still expected to dress properly; the skirt must be below the knees or long and shoulders must not be visible.
Kuwait doesn't have Uber, the best way to go around is by hailing a taxi or asking your hotel reception to book you one via telephone.
I hope that this Kuwait evisa guide helped you understand how to get your evisa for travelling to Kuwait. If I missed something or added outdated information, let me know in the comment section below.
ARE YOU ON PINTEREST? SAVE THIS FOR LATER READ: