Extending in the corners of the middle east, barely raining and generally hot throughout the year, sits the well-known Petra or the “Rose City” and the dead sea which serves as one of the many unique experiences travelling Jordan.
In this article, however, let me discuss to you the things needed in the application for a Jordan pass. One of the best things you should acquire when wanting to get all the good stuff out of travelling to Jordan.
Under the initiatives of the Jordan Ministry, an evisa is now an applicable hassle-free in numerous countries. Around 120 countries are eligible for visa on arrival, and there are some restrictions for the countries we will talk about later, so keep reading.
Jordan pass, on the other hand, includes a package with all the generous attractions plus all cost of a tourist entry visa worthy of acquisition.
VISA POLICY FOR TRAVELLERS TO JORDAN
First of all, here is the visa policy of Jordan immigration to those who want to visit and travel here.
Visa-Free Access Nationalities To Jordan
Around 20 countries listed below can visit Jordan visa-free access:
- Cook Islands
- Hong Kong
- Pitcairn Islands
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- South Africa
Visa On Arrival
Upon landing on your destination and head to the immigration, securing your visa on arrival by queuing up in the visa counter is your first errand. The visa on arrival cost is $57.
First, because it is one of the vital details for you to enter a country that needs a visa. And visa on arrival is a better option for some travellers, it lets you obtain your visa upon arriving. However, there are limits, only a handful of countries is liable for visa on arrival. Here are the nationalities;
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Cape Verde
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- Hong Kong
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- North Korea
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United States
- United Kingdom
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT JORDAN PASS
Here are the important things to know about Jordan pass that will help you understand what are the benefits of getting one, how to apply for one, the cost, how to use it.
What is Jordan Pass
You can consider Jordan Pass as your right to wave access in 36 tourist sites, including all the popular ones of course. Independent travellers may find it cheaper to buy Jordan pass instead of applying for a visa on arrival; however, the pass only shoulders visa fees if only you stay at least three nights in any hotel in Jordan.
So, if your only planning to stay for a single night, it doesn’t benefit you.
Like-minded travellers visiting Jordan often assume that significant attractions like Petra have a lot of tourists wherein there’s always a big queue of people getting a ticket at the front desk.
With Jordan pass on hand, you don’t have to wait in line, just present your pass and you can instantly enter almost all the tourist spots in Jordan. It is also an attractive way to delve into Jordan culture, knowing you already have a complete itinerary and all you have to do is travel in your desired destination and admire extraordinary places.
Who Can Apply For a Jordan Pass
Travellers who plan to sojourn in the land of Jordan at least three days and those who are suitable for a visa on arrival can apply for a Jordan Pass.
If you haven’t booked flight tickets yet, or if you still don’t have a holiday tour, it is recommendable for you to instead apply for a Jordan pass because this can save you a lot of time and money.
Also, if you are travelling alone, you might want to get the Jordan Pass for such reason that you feel like a VIP when landing on the airport. Jordan pass holders don’t have to queue at the border control.
Jordan Pass Requirements
It’s not typical for the office of tourism to issue an ease free pass in multiple tourist attractions, especially if it includes a tourist visa. Jordan Pass is a package consisting of a free visa on arrival, entry tickets, and digital brochures downloadable to any smart mobile phones.
Which is why you need to follow all the conformity to regulations and requirements required to process a Jordan Pass and we’ve listed it in bullet points below.
You must be first eligible to;
- Apply for a visa on arrival
- Your destinations must include Petra, and
- You must be planning to stay with a minimum of 3 whole nights and 4 days
Take note that if you did not complete the required three nights and four days, the immigration system will check you and will direct you in their office, which you will have to pay a fine.
You will be needing;
- A credit or debit card. PayPal also works fine.
- Be ready for your passport with a validity of at least 6 months.
- Travel details
Once you receive your Jordan Pass, it will look like this. You can either print this or simply use your mobile phone
How Much is Jordan Pass
Costs start at $99 and up to $118 plus service fee if your planning to transact your Jordan Pass online and this includes admissions to numerous sites and a tourist visa. But if you decided to stay less than three days, you’ll still have to pay for the visa fees which will cost you at approximately $56.
So, it is rather worthy if you stretch your days of required stay to avail the free visa. Also, if you want additional days, inform them as soon as possible. Extra Jordan Pass days can cost you around $5-$10.
How Long does it Process a Jordan Pass
Processing of Jordan Pass depends on how much you are willing to pay. The standard processing time can take up to 2-3 days. If you want your Jordan Pass ASAP, you should consider availing the 24 hours processing time and pay the additional fees.
Jordan Pass is valid for 12 months after the date of purchase. And will automatically expire once you use it to any Jordan attraction. Take note that you can only access Jordan destinations once.
How to Get Your Jordan Pass Online
For some, the application of Jordan Pass via online is much more comfortable and worry-free than visiting a Jordanian consulate. All you need is trustworthy internet speed, a working email address, a personal computer, laptop or mobile phone can do the work, a passport, and a bank card or PayPal.
When you already acquire those things, check out this site and follow some of the simple instructions below.
Steps on application online
- Visit this site – we have personally have used this site on multiple visa applications and never had a problem so far
- Indicate where you from and where you are heading – number of travellers, and how long do you wish to process your Jordan pass requests. You can choose from three options standard processing, rush processing, and super rush processing which only takes a day
- If you wish to know the estimated cost of getting the Jordan Pass, continue scrolling down, you can see their visa calculator tool
- Click on apply now, and fill up the blank fields from General Information to Processing time and fee
- Recheck all of your information for possible mistakes.
- Click on revision and payment, and again reassess if your information is all true and correct
- You can also add multiple applicants if you’re not travelling alone
- Click on payments, they accept all type of bank cards as long as it’s a Mastercard, visa, discover, or American express. You can also use PayPal
- Hit up the payment and wait for the confirmation in your indicated working email address
- Once you receive the approved email of your Jordan Pass, print this and present at the immigration when you land
Important Things to Know when Using Jordan Pass
If you’re wondering how does the Jordan Pass works and if you’re thinking that you are missing out some of the valuable benefits of Jordan Pass, here are a fraction of the essential things you should know.
- Once you avail the pass, it will be automatically emailed to you via your email address as a pdf file and as an image. It would be safe if you print a copy of the pass itself which you will present in the passport officer.
- You can’t use Jordan Pass in transportation; it’s only credible in the tourist places.
- If you’re facing a problem on your Jordan Pass or would like to ask questions regarding it, feel free to dial 117777, it’s the tourism police.
- Majority of tourist spots liable for a Jordan Pass is open throughout the year.
- Download Jordan digital brochure here, these include the following;
- Jordan Visitors Guide
- Eco and Nature
- History and Culture
- Leisure and Wellness
- Fun and Adventure
- Religion and Faith
- Meetings, Incentives, Conference and Events Brochure
6. You’ll save almost $150 if you avail a Jordan Pass before your planned travel.
7. Jordan Pass is instantly activated and can scan it through tourist sites.
8. Nationalities from South Africa, Malaysia, Hongkong, Japan, and Vatican City have exemptions from paying the visa fees.
This travel guide can only show you the how’s and why’s of the processes of Jordan Pass. It will be up to you to decide if it’s worth it to get one for your trip.
I hope that we provide enough information about how to get a Jordan Pass. If you have information to add or if we miss something, let us know in the comment section below.