[UPDATED 2019] TURKEY TOURIST VISA GUIDE:
Visa fees, Visa Requirements, Visa Form
I could list so many reasons why I went to Turkey. Like, riding the hot air balloon over Cappadocia, to eat kebab, to see where Europe meets Asia. But to be honest, the main reason is that I had to go where flights are affordable if I'm coming from Europe and where a visa is not a great obstacle to go through.
I just finished my 90-days Schengen tourist visa and I still have 10 days left on it. After a quick research, it looks like Turkey got my eye. Turkey tourist visa is honestly one of the easiest across the globe.
Turkey provides visa-free access to many countries such as Europeans, North Americans, and even for South Americans. If your passport is not from either of these continents, don't fret, as I mentioned, Turkey has an easy and flexible visa policy.
CHECK FOR CHEAP FLIGHTS TO TURKEY
TURKEY TOURIST VISA GUIDE
Below, you will see a list of the countries who can enter Turkey without a visa. The list will be divided into categories depending on how long a travellers can stay in what period of time, who need a visa, and more about information about Turkish visa.
The travellers who are granted of visa-free access to Turkey can stay for either 90 days, 60 days r 30 days. There is only one country who can stay in Turkey for unlimited time which is the Northern Cyprus.
90 days in 180-day period
These countries are allowed to stay in Turkey for tourism and business purposes unless stated on the following notes:
- 1 - can enter with expired passport up to 5 years since expiration
- 2 - can enter with an expired passport and ID card up to 1 year since expiration
- 3 - tourism purpose only
- 4 - can enter with a valid ID card
- Albania - 3
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Brazil - read Brazil evisa guide
- Czech Republic
- El Salvador
- Romania - 3
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- San Marino
- Serbia - 3
- Slovakia - 3
- Slovenia - 3
- South Korea
- Switzerland - 1,4
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Ukraine - 4
- Vatican City
60 days in 180-day period
30 days per visit
- Costa Rica
- Mongolia - 3
TURKEY EVISA FOR TOURISTS
There are 40 countries who can apply for an evisa to enter and travel to Turkey. They can stay for either 90 days or 30 days in a period of 180 days.
There are two types of evisa, one is the regular evisa while the other is conditional evisa.
Here are some notes before you apply for an evisa, if the number/s are next to your country of citizenship, you must remember the information:
- can enter with and ID card for 90 days in 180-day period
- can only apply for 30 days single entry evisa
- can enter with an expire passport (up to 5 years since the expiration)
- can apply for multiple entries visa and stay for 30 days
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Armenia - 2
- Australia - Visa guide for Australian citizens
- Belgium - 1, 3
- China - 2
- Cyprus - 2
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor - 1
- Fiji - 1
- Indonesia - 1
These countries can apply for a Turkey evisa if they meet the requirements below:
- all applicants on the list below except for Gabon and Zambia MUST be holding a valid visa or residence permit from one of the following countries: Schengen area countries, Ireland, the UK, the US. E-residence permits will not be accepted. An Egyptian citizen who are younger than 20 years old or older than 45, don't need to meet this requirement
- all applicants MUST travel with the following airlines: AtlasGlobal, Onur Air, Pegasus Airlines, EgyptAir and Turkish Airlines EXCEPT the the citizens of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and Philippines
- MUST show a hotel reservation and means of financial support (at least US$50 per day of planned stay)
HOW TO APPLY FOR TURKEY TOURIST EVISA
You can easily obtain an e-Visa online for fee. You can start your application for e-Visa three months before your arrival date. You should be able to receive your e-Visa right after you pay the fee. If it takes more than 48 hours, contact the website quickly. Get your evisa here or here.
Requirements To Obtain An Evisa
- Passport with at least 6 months of validity - have a digital copy
- Valid Schengen, Ireland, USA, and UK visa and/or permanent residence visa
- Return Ticket
- Hotel Bookings
- Proof of financial support during your stay. At least $50 USD per day
- Reason for visit is for tourism and business only
Steps on Apply For An Evisa For Turkey
- Go to this page
- Choose your country of passport on the drop down menu
- Choose the right evisa for you
- Enter you passport information, personal details, and your support visa
- Before entering clicking "NEXT", double check that your information are ALL correct to avoid any trouble, use an email address that you can access
- Choose your payment method
- Don't close the window until you receive a confirmation email that your application has been received
- You will receive another email confirming that your evisa is approved
- Make sure to print two copies of this letter, one which you will present at the immigration and one for your own keeping
How To Use Your Evisa
Print your e-Visa before you fly to Turkey. Show your e-Visa letter to the officer-in-charge, hand in your visa letter and your Passport and your hotel bookings and return ticket and. The officer-in-charge will stamp your visa on your passport.
Note: The queue for passport control (visa stamp) is quite long. The time I was there, the person-in-charge didn't ask for my hotel bookings and return ticket (both I have ready). However, I would NOT suggest you take the risk of not booking a hotel and return ticket in advance.
COUNTRIES WHO NEED A VISA STICKER IN ADVANCE
The citizens of these countries must apply for a visa and get a visa sticker on their passport before entering and travelling to Turkey:
- Algeria - for travellers between 18-35 years old
- Marshall Islands
- North Korea
- Papua New Guinea
- South Sudan
I truly hope that this Turkey tourist visa guide helped you, if you have any questions or if I missed any details or if you know new information that should be here, let me know in the comment section below.