Over time, a significant fraction of Suriname landmass remains untouched. Secluded from the beaten path in South America is an astonishing evergreen fields which are naturally beautiful.
Inside the country is a small population and two rivers that flow northward the Atlantic. Being a part of the Caribbean community, expect crystal clear blue water and beyond the lavishing natural beauty is the country’s roaring wildlife.
Have you ever dreamt of a pirate scene where the environment is naturally mystic? Or are you into Johnny Depp’s pirate hunt? Read further; we will discuss how to get a Suriname evisa and learn about which country has exemptions and need an evisa.
Basic things you should know before actually traversing to a country full of life lost in the Caribbean.
- Visa guide for US Passport holders
- British citizen’s visa-free countries
- Australian passport visa guide
- Visa-free countries for New Zealand passport holders
- German citizen’s visa guide
VISA-FREE ACCESS NATIONALITIES
If you hold one of the passports below, you can temporarily stay in Suriname between 30 days and a maximum of six months. But with those who want to reside longer than what the visa allows, you can apply an evisa. Taking into account that you can only apply 72 hours or earlier before your scheduled travel.
6-months or 180 days
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Saint Eustatius
- Saint Maarten
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
Each traveller who wants to receive a visa on arrival must have their passport with at least six months validity and a page available for stamping. Visa on arrival is for individuals planning for a single entry and sojourning until a maximum of 90 days.
For children, it is mandatory to complete the visa application, and these take effect in all minors travelling alone and minors travelling with one of the parents.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- South Korea
- St. Lucia
WHAT IS SURINAME EVISA
An evisa is an online process of registering for a temporary travel visa to travel and exit a foreign country, which can only be authorized by the Immigration Department. Application is accessible online.
Evisa is different from a visa on arrival, applicants must obtain their permits digitally or through email, and all of the needed information and payment is done via the internet or electronically.
The Ministry of foreign affairs launched the online system to apply evisa for Suriname on April 15th, 2019. The new platform offers multiple times faster transactions in line to promote tourism in Suriname, a very fresh opportunity for travellers to quickly get their evisa and travel this naturally rich site without that much paperwork.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR SURINAME EVISA
Before the evisa system was launched, travellers are accustomed by applying for tourist cards instead of visa and be picked up on Paramaribo Airport.
But lately, proclaimed by the Suriname Foreign Affairs that the process of evisa or etourist card has quicker application and faster processing time. Here’s a list of the countries liable for evisa or etourist card.
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominic Republic
- El Salvador
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom and Northern Ireland
- United States
Suriname evisa Requirements
If your planning to apply for a Suriname evisa just for tourism, be sure to have these documents and are already available for uploading:
- Bio page of the passport
- Itinerary – travel details
- Bank card for payment or PayPal account
How much is the evisa
Calculating how much Suriname evisa depends on your preferred working days, either 3, 5, or 7 days of processing time.
- $114 for 3 business days
- $94 for 5 business days
- $79 for 7 business days
How long does it take to process the evisa
The standard processing time for evisa will take about one week, but in other options, travellers have three options on how fast their processing time takes. You have to pay a little higher than the standard processing if you want rush processing and super rush processing.
- Super rush processing for three business days (3)
- Rush processing for five business days (5)
- Standard processing for seven business days (7)
How to apply for Suriname evisa online
Applying evisa online requires you to have your personal computer or laptop, reliable internet connection, your passport, bank card/PayPal. Once you’ve secured these four things follow these simple steps:
- We recommend this website to process your evisa – we have used this site many times and never had any problems so far, make sure to apply with plenty of time before your trip to avoid any hassle
- Indicate your nationality and where are you headed
- If evisa is available to your country, it will automatically show you the visa type, visa cost, processing fee, and processing time.
- Click on apply now, fill up the necessary information (General Information, applicant information, and processing time and payment). You can calculate the visa cost located on the upper right, and also you can add multiple applicants in case you’re not travelling alone
- Enter your payment method, make sure all your details are precise, and wait for the confirmation in your email, any wrong information will cause delay of your application
- Once you received approval via your email, print two copies and check if there are needed steps to follow.
If you’re still contemplating making your dreams come true because of visa approvals, now is not the right time. Evisa applications have been straightforward and efficient for every person wanting for some thrilling adventures outside their comfort homes. Do you want to go to someplace new? Book away and don’t let this visa worry you.
If this article helped you or if you wish to add any experience you had when travelling the course of Suriname, I’d be delighted if you comment below!