My Own Ultimate Packing List – Two Bags:
15 Kilogrammes in Total
I know, another packing list. I just thought of sharing my own ultimate packing list for my readers who wonder how can I fit my life into two bags with fifteen kilogrammes in total. All included my gadgets and blogging paraphernalia and small luxury in it like three inches heel shoes and a Polaroid camera.
To give you a little bit of history about my travel backpack: I arrived in Hanoi, Vietnam from Denmark with a cabin sized suitcase, a regular sized backpack and a gym bag. I didn’t buy a proper backpacking bag in Denmark as it was very expensive. The first thing I did was to pick up a backpacker’s bag, I went straight to the small shops along the street of Hang Bong until I found this Vietnamese guy who told me that he loves Filipino TV drama shows, he later offered me a Northface bag for $20 US dollars. Buying from a small shop like that, I was aware that it was a first class replica of the brand. It was one of the best travel investment ever! I still use it after it has been to almost nine countries for 14 months, so far.
Be a responsible traveller in your own little ways, pack a thing or two of these useful eco-friendly travel accessories and products.
WHAT’S IN MARY’S BAG?!
Here are what’s inside my 9 kilogrammes backpack (cabin size). Remember that I stayed mostly in warm countries, although it’s the same items inside my bag during the winter in Jerusalem (2016) plus a winter jacket from Craghoppers. I made a comparison table for different travel jackets with hidden pockets – avoid losing your valuables!
RELATED POST: Best Travel Backpacks For Women
My Own Ultimate Packing List
- 4 dresses
- 4 tops
- 3 shorts
- 2 skirts (1-floor length & 1 mini skirt)
- 2 swimsuits (pair)
- 3 regular bras
- 3 sports bra
- 14 underwear
- 5 pair of socks
- 2 scarves (big & small)
- 1 jumper
- 1 pair of flip flops
- 1 pair of all around shoes (sneakers or running shoes)
- 1 pair of 3 inches wedge heels
- toothbrush – I personally use an electric toothbrush
- contact lens case & solution
- 2 menstrual cups – I use Betulacup
- Grayl – water purifier bottle (find out what is the best travel water bottle for you through this comparison table I made)
- playing cards
- eye mask
- makeup: eyebrow liner, mascara, lipstick, chapstick, eyeshadow
- inflatable neck pillow
- head torch /cycling torch
- yoga mat – check out this review for the best yoga mat for travelling
- chargers: laptop, mobile phone
- Instax polaroid
- computer mouse
- Virb (action camera) – one of my favourite gadgets in my bag
- music player & headset – my wireless headset is from Sudio (get one yours and claim a 15%off using AMARYROAD as a discount code or check out these noise cancelling headphones
- power bank
- roll your clothes to save space
- pick up a packing cube
- choose lightweight fabrics
- don’t pack a regular bath towel, pack an all-purpose scarf or quick & lightweight bath towel instead
- don’t pack shampoo, pick one up when you land to your destination
- pick a backpack with a lot of pockets outside of the bag
- maximise the use of the pockets and straps of your bags, both inside and outside
- buy a ziplock laundry bag to keep your clean clothes separated from the dirty ones
- get a wheeled backpack instead for more convenient and comfortable packing adventure
I’ve received a fresh and new backpack from Cabin Zero, this company specialise in making a cabin sized backpack to all type of travellers. This backpack meets every airline’s rules about hand carry bags, therefore using one will let you skip the check-in bag fees! I have been travelling with a cabin sized bag for more than a year which let me save so much money. I’ve given this minimalist backpack a try around the Philippines and loved it! If you are keen to have one as well, you can easily get your own Cabin Zero here.
I normally don’t travel with a tent but I travelled the Philippines with one. I’m planning to tag it along as I move to my next coming destinations. Bringing a tent with all the time will change not only my way of travelling but my packing too! So, that’s it! I hope this ultimate packing list will be very useful to you, drop me a line if you have any questions. I will try to update this as often as possible.
- How I Travelled Southeast Asia for six months with $2,000 US Dollars
- A Story of a Solo Female Traveller – Young, Wild, and Stupid
- How I Start Travelling
- Guide to Choosing the Best Backpack
LIKE THIS POST? PIN IT!
DISCLAIMER: A MARY ROAD IS A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR SITES TO EARN ADVERTISING FEES BY ADVERTISING AND LINKING TO AMAZON.